Now Hiring: Technical Support Analyst - Level 1
EMKAL Inc. is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) based in the Greater Toronto area, with clients across North America. We are currently hiring a Level 1 Technical Support Analyst.
This position demands intermediate level technical knowledge, strong communication skills, exceptional customer service delivery capabilities, and experience with onsite and remote helpdesk support. A successful candidate will play a key role in solving Level 1 support tickets, be comfortable both on-site and remote, maintain and update internal documentation, and deliver a postitive customer service experience to clients. He/she will be assigned a management and mentorship team, but will self-manage their workflow and performance based on business demand on a daily basis.
He/she will work from their home on average 2.5 days per week and will be expected to travel to clients in the GTA as needed. He/she must possess all equipment necessary to complete the assigned tasks (see below), and live in or near the West-GTA.
Equipment Requirements - The employee must possess all of:
- A valid drivers license and vehicle capable of making trips up to 200km (one way)
- Mobile smart phone with unlimited long distance in Canada and a data plan
- Quiet, dedicated home office space
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Headset capable of high quality audio input + output
Key Character Requirements - You must:
- Be able to self-manage: Telecommuting is difficult. If you’ve never done it, think twice before applying.
- Understand and be good with people, because you will be working with them all day, every day.
- Use the dialectical method: Present reasoned arguments when making collaborative decisions; when you’re wrong, accept it and be brave enough to admit it; and when you’re right, demonstrate modesty and humility.
- Work well with others to solve problems and value teamwork as beneficial rather than necessary.
- Describe yourself as a determined, committed, consistent, and highly technical problem solver.
- Be articulate, intelligent, kind, friendly, patient, tolerant, determined, resourceful, logical, and analytical.
Key Accountabilities and Goals - You are expected to:
- Work well independently, with access to technical support resources (e.g. helpdesk system, email, remote management software, IP phone line, EMKAL team member assistance, etc.)
- Provide daily remote/onsite helpdesk and break-fix support tracked and documented via Online Ticket System
- Inform the team of ways the internal development team can enhance company tools to improve workflow and deliverables
- Begin your day at 09:00h ET and finish your day at 17:00h ET (Monday to Friday)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements - You must have a working knowledge of most of:
- Break/Fix: Troubleshooting hardware, software, printers and drivers; windows wipe and reinstallation; user data migration and backup; handling of warranty claims
- Hardware procurement, installation, configuration
- Workstation maintenance (anti-virus, security patches, etc.)
- Tracking assets, licenses, subscriptions
- Network administration and troubleshooting (DHCP, DNS, VPN, and NAT)
- Exchange: e.g. Information store, Outlook web access, Outlook anywhere, ActiveSync, Office 365
- Software Suites: e.g. Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Open Office
- Telecommunication and Smartphones: Apple, Android, VoIP
- Junior to intermediate Microsoft Windows Server (2008/2012/2016) knowledge: e.g. Active directory, group policy, NTFS security, file and printer sharing, terminal server (RDP/RDS), ODBC data sources, IIS, SQL server, DNS, DHCP, DFS
- Server Virtualization: e.g. VMware ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V
- Desktop Virtualization: e.g. Oracle VirtualBox, KVM, VMWare Workstation
- Windows: Junior to intermediate Windows 7/8/10
- Apple: Junior to intermediate iOS/macOS
- Linux: Junior to intermediate OS administration (Debian/Ubuntu, Red Hat/Fedora/CentOS, Arch/Gentoo)
- Backup monitoring and recovery e.g. Backup Exec, ShadowProtect, Windows Server Backup, Veeam, CrashPlan, AppAssure/Rapid Recovery
- Implementation and management of firewall and gateway technology
- Best effort Line of Business Application support with escalations to appropriate vendor (e.g. WMS, ERP, CRM, Accounting, Payroll, SaaS)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM): e.g. AirWatch, Apple, BoxTone, Centrify, Citrix, Meraki
Contract period and compensation - subject to change on offer
- 4-month probation: the employee will be assessed and evaluated to determine if he/she is suitable for long term employment with EMKAL.
- Permanent, full-time following probation period.
- Compensation of CAD $35,000 (before deductions).
- Participation in the Group Benefits - Extended Health and Dental Plan after probation period has passed.
How to apply:
Visit https://www.emkal.ca so you know who we are and what we do. Then: Send an e-mail to email@example.com introducing yourself and expressing your interest in this position. Feel free to include anything you think will help us get to know you better (e.g. letters of reference, work history, success stories, summary of qualifications). If we feel that you meet the criteria for this job, we will conduct a telephone interview. A successful telephone interview will be followed by a paid "working interview" of up to one week where you will be evaluated by one or more team members (compensation and length to be discussed and agreed upon separately). A successful working interview is a pre-requisite to receiving a contract offer.