You went through all the right steps to find an ideal IT partner to provide managed network solutions and IT support, but for the relationship to continue to be successful, companies need to review and discuss the partnership. However, because IT consulting and services can feel daunting to those not in the field, most companies find it helpful to have some guidance when it comes to having a discussion regarding your IT provider’s performance.
Ideally, there should be open communication all year long, and the relationship with your IT provider should feel positive. If you feel like your business doesn’t get the support you need or are not prioritized by the IT consulting and service provider you’ve chosen, don’t wait until an annual review to discuss it! At EMKAL, our client centric approach and commitment to providing high level solutions means that your needs will always be at the forefront of everything we do.
5 Questions To Ask At Your IT Provider’s Annual Review
As mentioned, depending on your business or the relationship you have with the company providing your managed network solutions or IT support, you may want to sit down and have these questions answered semi-annually or even quarterly. At the very least, make sure you do schedule an annual review. This will allow you to can gain a better understanding of how your company relies on IT services as well as whether your current partner is meeting your needs, and hopefully, exceeding your expectations.
To review your IT support and to adequately plan, ask the following five questions during an IT review.
1. How much help desk support did my organization use over the past 12 months?
2. Are there any patterns in help desk requests? If so, what can be done to solve the root problem(s)? Ask about patterns that appear based on time of year as well as for the same issues surfacing repeatedly.
3. Can you summarize my IT expenditure over the past 12 months, broken down by support plan, hardware, software, warranties, etc.? This information is critical for effective budget planning and to become aware of any ageing equipment that may need to be upgraded in the next fiscal year.
4. For IT projects implemented over the past 12 months, how are objectives being measured and are we on track to meet those objectives? If not, what is the plan moving forward?
5. What are your recommended IT expenditures over the next 12 months, prioritized by importance and urgency?
Move Your Business Forward With EMKAL
The right IT service provider should have a vested interest in helping your company succeed. When you work with EMKAL, you’ll notice right away that we take great pride in building trust based long term relationships and that we offer unlimited premium service with no unexpected costs. Whether you’re a new business looking for your first IT partner, or a long-standing company who wants more from your IT consulting and services, we can help. Contact us – we’d love to hear more about your IT needs.